And the best villain from a Stephen King movie is…

September 17, 2012

JACK TORRANCE!

Holy crap was that a tight race. Can’t say I’m surprised by the winner, but there were some awfully choice candidates in the running.

At any rate, swell voting, folks! No one sucks at parenting quite like good ol’ Jack Torrance.

RESULTS:
– Wacko Jacko: 14 votes
– Pennywise: 13 votes (that whole evil clown thing really messed people up, huh?)
– Annie Wilkes: 12 votes
– Ace: 6 votes (much love for Ace)
– Warden Norton: 6 votes
– Cujo: 4 votes
– Killian: 3 votes
– Christine: 2 votes
– Percy: 2 votes (wildly under-appreciated villain)
– Greg Stillson: 1 vote (everyone forgets about Greg Stillson…)
– Mrs. White: 1 vote (shocked by the lack of love for Mrs. White)
– Other: 1 vote for Randall Flagg and 1 vote for The Man in Black (have either of them ever been in a

1. Rich K permalink
    September 18, 2012 3:43 pm

Randall Flagg was the villian in The Stand. It was a 4-part TV movie / mini-series. I remember Rob Lowe was in it… along with several other recognizable actors who are escaping me at the moment.

• September 24, 2012 12:23 pm

Oh yeah! I totally remember when that was on. That damn book’s been staring at me from the shelf for years now. Once I’m done reading up for this year’s adaptations, I might just have to tackle that sucker once and for all.

2. September 19, 2012 3:00 pm

I picked Pennywise because that pretty much sealed the deal for me with clowns. *shudder*

3. dob5090 permalink
    September 21, 2012 8:41 am

This is great stuff. Big fan of the pic you used. I’m surprised Mrs. Carmody from “The Mist” wasn’t voted for. She obviously wasn’t the main antagonist, but she was pretty freaking wicked.

• September 24, 2012 12:31 pm

Haha. Thanks! I don’t know why I still haven’t seen The Mist. Really wanted to see it when it was out, but somehow it’s continued to elude me. Will have to take care of that situation.

• dob5090 permalink
        September 26, 2012 12:24 pm

It’s really well done. And Mrs. Carmody is a nut. Definitely worth a watch

• October 1, 2012 11:11 am

Good to know and thanks for the heads up. Will def give it a watch one of these days.

4. September 24, 2012 8:19 pm

Not a big surprise, The Shining is easily one of Kubrick’s top three works.

• September 24, 2012 8:39 pm

Agreed. But the question of the hour is what are the other two?