And the best comedy of the past decade is…
Sorry for the two-week poll, folks, but I just had to see if Black Dynamite could make a comeback. As for the winner, I know it’s the top-grossing R-rated comedy of all-time, I know how many people love the hell out of it, and I’m not gonna argue that it’s a funny movie. Then again, it’s probably the last movie I would have voted for. I’ve got my reasons, they’re all there in the parentheses, but I’ll leave it up to you crazy kids to get the debate going.
Swell voting all the same. I love you guys.
– The Hangover: 9 votes
– Anchorman: 6 votes (outrageously quotable)
– Black Dynamite: 5 votes (everything)
– Tropic Thunder: 4 votes (the fake trailers and Tom Cruise)
– Mean Girls: 4 votes (best “chick flick” of the past decade)
– Wedding Crashers: 3 votes (“People helping people…”)
– Superbad: 4 votes (the dream montage where Jonah Hill tries to buy liquor)
– Bad Santa: 4 votes (Thurman Murman)
– The 40-Year-Old Virgin: 3 votes (best running gag of the past decade)
– Shaun of the Dead: 7 votes (the be-all, end-all of horror comedies)
– Office Space: 5 votes (The Jump-To-Conclusions Mat)
– Zoolander: 2 votes (“Your mistake indeed!”)
– Napoleon Dynamite: 2 votes (“How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?”)
– Borat: 3 votes (the rodeo)
– Team America: World Police: 2 votes (puppet sex)
– Other: 1 vote for Sideways (oh, you wino), 2 votes for Little Miss Sunshine (that dance scene is still freaking brilliant), 1 vote for Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (not quite as funny as Terminator: Salvation), 1 vote for Ali G Indahouse (will take your word for it), 1 vote for In Bruges (I gotta see that again), 1 vote for Cedar Rapids (hell yes), 1 vote for Beavis and Butt-head Do America (double hell yes), 1 vote for Hot Fuzz (awesome), 1 vote for Super Troopers (word), and 1 vote for “Too many options for a credible result” (oh, I beg to differ, good sir).