And the best horror movie of the past decade is…
Danny Boyle, man. Doesn’t matter the genre, ’cause when that guy sets out to make a movie, he does not screw around. Great voting, folks; really is one mighty fine horror movie.
Although it looks to me like a whole lot of people still need to see The Descent and The Orphanage.
– 28 Days Later: 12 votes
– Shaun of the Dead: 8 votes (biggest game-changer on the list, IMHO)
– Let the Right One In: 7 votes
– The Ring: 4 votes
– The Descent: 3 votes
– The Orphanage: 3 votes
– Saw: 3 votes
– [REC]: 2 votes (I gotta see that)
– The Devil’s Rejects: 1 vote
– Martyrs: 1 vote (heard some pretty gnarly things)
– Inside: 1 vote (same goes for this charming little ditty)
– Dawn of the Dead: 1 vote
– High Tension: 0 votes (easily one of the most upsetting movies I’ve ever seen, so points for that)
– Paranormal Activity: 0 votes
– Slither: 0 votes (one day people will realize how great this movie is)
– Other: 1 vote for Gigli (I hear that) and 1 vote for Justin Bieber: Never Say Never (I can only imagine).
Seriously, The Descent and The Orphanage – see those. You will lose sleep.