And the best “American” movie is…

December 11, 2010

AMERICAN PSYCHO!

God bless that sweet charming fellow Patrick Bateman, God bless bone-colored business cards, God bless Huey Lewis, God bless yuppies (I take that back), God bless homicidal killing sprees, God bless American Psycho. A true testament to everything us Yanks hold dear.

Swell voting, folks. Now don’t just stare at it, eat it!

RESULTS:
American Psycho: 10 votes
American Beauty: 8 votes
American History X: 8 votes
Team America: World Police: 7 votes
Wet Hot American Summer: 5 votes
American Pie: 5 votes
American Graffiti: 4 votes
The American: 3 votes
American Movie: 2 votes (would have been my vote, see it if you haven’t)
The American President: 2 votes
An American Werewolf in London: 0 votes (ouch)
– Other: 1 vote for Captain America (the 1990 version; interesting choice), and 1 vote for American Me (never seen it, never heard of it ’til this week, but props to anything starring Edward James Olmos).

1. HermioneO permalink
    December 11, 2010 10:54 am

well, now you know my generation. American Graffitti will never be replaced.

2. December 12, 2010 4:32 am

Yeah, that was me with the American Me nom. There’s a close-up of Olmos’ face as he leaves his cell that carried so many emotions, it stuck with me forever.

3. December 12, 2010 7:15 am

Ouch indeed! The best ‘American’ movie has to be An American Werewolf in London! But American Psycho is a worthy winner. Surprised at the lack of of love for Landis’ masterpiece though.

• December 13, 2010 12:33 pm

Yeah, can’t believe that Werewolf didn’t get any votes. That movie’s legendary.

4. December 13, 2010 12:07 am

Twas I who voted for American Movie.

5. December 13, 2010 6:01 pm

Only one other person voted for American President? Come on! That speech… how could you not love that? 🙂 Well y’know how I feel for American Psycho… but that business card scene is a riot!

• December 13, 2010 6:19 pm

And it looks like I need to watch The American President again. Saw it ages ago and dug it, but it’s been quite a while. And glad you at least dig the business card scene, that was absolutely brilliant.

• December 14, 2010 4:18 pm

Well that’s practically the only scene I could watch without having to cover my eyes!

• December 14, 2010 4:27 pm