And the best “American” movie is…
God bless that sweet charming fellow Patrick Bateman, God bless bone-colored business cards, God bless Huey Lewis, God bless yuppies (I take that back), God bless homicidal killing sprees, God bless American Psycho. A true testament to everything us Yanks hold dear.
Swell voting, folks. Now don’t just stare at it, eat it!
– American Psycho: 10 votes
– American Beauty: 8 votes
– American History X: 8 votes
– Team America: World Police: 7 votes
– Wet Hot American Summer: 5 votes
– American Pie: 5 votes
– American Graffiti: 4 votes
– The American: 3 votes
– American Movie: 2 votes (would have been my vote, see it if you haven’t)
– The American President: 2 votes
– An American Werewolf in London: 0 votes (ouch)
– Other: 1 vote for Captain America (the 1990 version; interesting choice), and 1 vote for American Me (never seen it, never heard of it ’til this week, but props to anything starring Edward James Olmos).