And the best Jedi is…

June 14, 2010

Folks, we have our first tie. This is effing huge, I think I just peed a little. The people have spoken and the best Jedis are…

YODA AND QUI-GON JINN!

But since I have no idea how to post two pictures side-by-side, Ackbar will do.

Well now I definitely need to watch Episode I again because I am fucking flabbergasted at how much love Qui-Gon got here. Yoda’s a no-brainer, but for a guy who didn’t even last an entire movie (even though he did arguably have the best fight scene of the series), I am terribly confused.

Strange days, these are.

RESULTS:
Luke: 5 votes
Vader: 6 votes (blasphemy…)
Old Ben: 9 votes (apologies to all the McGregor fans in the house)
Yoda: 12 votes
Qui-Gon: 12 votes
Maul: 3 votes (dude would not shut the hell up)
Mace: 0 votes (blame the purple lightsaber)
– Other: one vote Star Wars Kid (awesome) and one vote for Paul Newman (I’ll send someone a buck through PayPal if they can manufacture a picture of Paul Newman with a lightsaber for me).

Good voting all the same, folks. This SW marathon really needs to happen.

1. Han Solo permalink
    June 14, 2010 6:05 pm

This is absurd. No one knows what they are talking about. Luke is the best. He undid what his dick dad did to the galaxy. Qui-Gon was a chump and got bested. Uhhh..I cannot even write more about this because of how close I am getting to the Dark Side right now…

• June 14, 2010 6:11 pm

Hahaha. On that note, any chance you could let me borrow the whole series this upcoming weekend?

• June 15, 2010 10:29 am

Luke is the biggest crybaby in the galaxy.

• June 15, 2010 10:39 am

OBJECTION! Anakin and his fucking rat-tail is the biggest crybaby in the galaxy. Luke is definitely second though.

2. June 15, 2010 10:15 am

Yoda gets the nod because he’s the cutest Jedi. He’s the one you want looking after your three year old. It’s like having ET as your guardian only Yoda has a lightsabre and can do cartwheels in the air.

• June 15, 2010 10:19 am

hahaha. yeah, he’s an easy win for cutest, doesn’t have much competition either. the lightsaber cartwheels were awesome the first time around, but idk, kinda makes me cringe the more i think about it now. nevertheless, yoda is the man.

3. June 15, 2010 10:30 am

Yoda deserves the win, but I’m surprised at Qui-Gon’s win, even though it’s cool.

I still voted for Darth Maul anyway.

4. June 15, 2010 12:35 pm

Really disappointed with no luv for Obi Wan

5. June 15, 2010 3:52 pm

Qui-Gon got my vote for 2 reasons.

1) He’s Liam Neeson
    2) The fight with Maul was easily the best part of the new trilogy.