And the Oscar prediction for Best Director ’09 is…

March 8, 2010

KATHRYN BIGELOW!

Not too shabby, folks. With the exception of Sandra winning and shoving it in Gabby Sidibe’s face, pulling a 3 out of 4 at the Oscars is pretty darn good. Fared better than my crap predictions at least.

Hey, did anyone hear that she used to be married to James Cameron? Man, they didn’t hype that up at all this year.

RESULTS:
– James Cameron: 6 votes (Ouch)
– Kathryn Bigelow: 20 votes (Chicks, man)
– Quentin Tarantino: 14 votes (No love)
– Lee Daniels: 1 vote
– Jason Reitman:  2 votes (Some day, Jason. Some day…)

Alright, one last Oscar poll and then I’ll go back to rating potheads and such. Pinky swear.

1. March 8, 2010 12:57 pm

Overall I really can’t complain too much about last night. Can’t believe Sandra Bullock won Best Actress (ugh). I was also surprised that Inglourious Basterds didn’t get more awards (which I voted on in your poll).

• March 8, 2010 1:03 pm

Yeah, I was really surprised that Hurt Locker won Best Original Screenplay, especially with all the controversy surrounding it at the moment. Tarantino really deserved that one, was not happy to see him get overlooked as usual. Then again, Bullock kinda won me over this weekend. Really dug that she went and accepted her Razzie award and gave a good, funny speech to boot, then at the Oscars she was totally charming and gave one of the best speeches of the night. Think I’ve been too hard on her as of late, putting Blind Side on the Netflix queue as soon as I finish writing this.

2. March 8, 2010 2:39 pm

haha, Aiden comes over to the blind side
    yeah, fair play to her, she seems a decent enough gal
    and as ive said before, The Lake House is a cracking film

3. March 8, 2010 3:38 pm

Good for Bigelow. You could tell once Streisand was the presenter it was hers.

• Darren permalink
      March 10, 2010 8:56 am

I wanted to smack her in the face for the “time has come” remark. Particularly with Lee Daniels sitting there as well, and just after Sandra Bullock gave her “discrimination is bad” bit.

4. March 8, 2010 3:41 pm

BUT how stupid was Un Prophete and White Ribbon not winning? Tarantino getting robbed of Original Screenplay also stung.

• March 8, 2010 3:46 pm

I still haven’t seen Ribbon or Prophet, but even I was really surprised by that. Very strange.

And freakin’ Mark Boal, man. That dude can’t write like Tarantino.